Eighteen new missional ventures in churches and presbyteries have received Developmental, Risky, Experimental, Adaptive Mission (DREAM) Grants totaling $172,500 from Presbyterian Mission Agency.
The 18 missional projects—spread across 15 presbyteries, representing seven synods—were recommended by the DREAM Fund Committee under the guidance of Mission Program Grants, in Racial Ethnic and Women’s Ministry, and approved at the Mission Agency Board meetings last week.
The recipients represent a diverse range of new mission initiatives and are listed in alphabetical order below by project name, followed by synod, presbytery, and partner congregation, (if any). Click here for a synopsis of each missional venture.
Ark Arts, The Anchor Project, Synod of the Southwest, Santa Fe Presbytery
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Beaux-Arts Musicians & Storytellers for Peace, Synod of the Trinity
- Initiative of the Peacemaking Committee of the Upper Ohio Valley Presbytery
Bel-Mar Community Garden, Synod of South Atlantic, Presbytery of Tampa Bay
- Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church, Tampa Florida
Bridge, Synod of South Atlantic, Presbytery of Foothills
- Salem Presbyterian Church, Anderson, South Carolina
Creciendo Junto, Synod of Southern California & Hawaii, San Diego Presbytery
- Grace Presbyterian Church, Vista, California
Dual Language Worship, Synod of the Southwest, Grand Canyon Presbytery
- Heritage Presbyterian Church, Glendale, Arizona
Focus Tutoring Program, Synod of South Atlantic, Presbytery of St. Augustine
- First Presbyterian Church, Gainesville, Florida
Food for Your Soul, Synod of Lakes & Prairies, Northern Plains Presbytery
- First Presbyterian Church of Grand Forks, North Dakota
Holy Way Mission Associate, Synod of the Southwest, de Cristo Presbytery
- The Holy Way Presbyterian Church, Tucson, Arizona
Life Tree Café, Riverside Presbytery • Synod of Southern of California & Hawaii, Riverside Presbytery
- Little Church of the Desert, 29 Palms, California,
Partners in Wellness, Synod of Southern California & Hawaii,
- Desert Hills Presbyterian Church, Yucca Valley, California
Sankofa Tutorial Program, Synod of South Atlantic, Presbytery of Savannah, Midway
- First Presbyterian Church, Midway, Georgia
Spot, The, Synod of the Trinity, Philadelphia Presbytery
- Wayne Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia
Southside Youth Project, Synod of Mid-America, Giddings-Lovejoy Presbytery
- Oak Hill Presbyterian Church, St. Louis, Missouri
• The Well, The Synod of the Trinity, Philadelphia Presbytery
- Admore Presbyterian Church, Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Worship Outside the Box, Synod of Southern California & Hawaii, Santa Barbara Presbyter
- First Presbyterian Church, Santa Paula, California
Science Based Outreach Event, Synod of the Rocky Mountains, Presbytery of Western Colorado
- First Presbyterian Church, Grand Junction, Colorado
Healing Communities Re-Entry, Synod of South Atlantic, Presbytery of Savannah
- Midway First Presbyterian Church, Midway, Georgia
DREAM Grants are given from the remaining balance of the National Mission Partnership Funds, which closed in 2013. Historically those funds were giving to racial ethnic and rural population congregations in the Presbyterian Church, (U.S.A.).
Contact Tim McCallister at Mission Program Grants for more information about the DREAM Grants.