The 2013 Big Tent event has concluded, and by all accounts was a rousing success, with more than 1,700 in attendance.
With a staff of just two ― Bethany Daily and me ― the Presbyterian News Service could not possibly have given readers blanket coverage of Big Tent without considerable support from colleagues and friends.
By the time our complete coverage of Big Tent is published, you will have received more than 50 stories detailing every aspect of the event, which included 10 national Presbyterian conferences, more than 160 workshops, special programs for people of all ages and a number of activities to mark the 30th anniversary of Presbyterian reunion and the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Presbyterian Center here.
It is fitting then, that Presbyterian News Service acknowledge those who came to Louisville ― many taking vacation days and paying their own way ― to make sure readers got the full taste of 2013 Big Tent. We are grateful to them for their time, their dedication, their skill and their desire to describe Big Tent to those who were not able to be present.
- Danny Bolin ― free-lance photographer, Tell City, Ind.
- Pat Cole ― communications specialist for World Mission, Funds Development ministries, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Bethany Daily ― associate editor/reporter, Presbyterian News Service, Office of Communication Ministries, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Ruling Elder Robyn Davis Sekula, communication specialist, World Mission, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Ruling Elder Mike Ferguson ― reporter, TheMuscatine Journal, Muscatine, Iowa
- Randy Hobson ― webmaster, Office of the General Assembly
- John Filiatreau ― former associate editor/reporter, Presbyterian News Service and Presbyterians Today
- The Rev. Bill Lancaster ― author and retired associate executive, Foothills Presbytery
- Katy Maloy ― communication strategist, Compassion, Peace and Justice ministries, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Kristena Morse ― social media specialist, Mission Communications, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Ruling Elder Jim Nedelka ― newtwork radio news technician/producer, New York, N.Y.
- The Rev. Emily Enders Odom ― communication associate, Office of the Executive Director, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- The Rev. Charles Proudfoot ― pastor, Payson (Ariz.) Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. Paul Seebeck ― communications strategist, Evangelism and Church Growth ministries, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Sara Sotelo ― communication specialist, Compassion, Peace and Justice ministries, Presbyterian Mission Agency
- Ruling Elder Eva G. Stimson ― free-lance writer/editor and former editor, Presbyterians Today
- Duane Sweep ― director of communications, Synod of Lakes and Prairies
Thanks also to Mike Hooper, interim senior director for communication, Presbyterian Mission Agency, for his support; and to Kerry Rice, Deb Davies and Linda Spence in the Office of the General Assembly for their superior organizing skills and assistance throughout Big Tent.